Our Top Five PR PodcastsStaying up-to-date with industry news.
Are you like us, missing the excitement and collaboration of networking events, seminars, and round tables?
These used to be among the most effective ways to keep up with the ever-changing public relations industry. But since large-scale meetings are not currently an option, we rounded up our top five favorite podcasts that we use to stay up to date on the latest trends and industry news while staying safely at home.
1. PR Week Podcast: PR Week is the go-to news source for PR practitioners, and its podcast is no exception. It features weekly updates from PR pros on all kinds of related topics, from starting an agency to public affairs and current events.
2. Spin Sucks Podcast: Hosted by Gini Dietrich, this podcast calls itself the “one-stop-shop” for PR, marketing, advertising, social, and content news. Most recent episodes cover crisis preparedness, the PESO model (paid, earned, shared, and owned media), building an online community, and more.
3. Talking Points Podcast: This is a monthly podcast hosted by two industry leaders, Arik Hanson and Kevin Hunt. They not only provide industry news but also give advice on timely matters like networking during the pandemic, spotting fake news, and Gen Z’s role on social media. Since new podcasts are released every few weeks, they are filled with binge-worthy information.
4. For Immediate Release: This podcast provides great insights because it not only discusses industry news, but analyzes it. Host Shel Holtz brings on guests to talk about changes in the digital and social media world. For example, changes in the Twitter algorithm, Zoom, Instagram’s new Reels feature, and Google searches during the pandemic. Overall, For Immediate Release provides insight and different viewpoints on popular industry subjects.
5. Marketing Smarts: Though this one does not focus on PR only, staying up-to-date with marketing news is beneficial for any communications professional. Every week, they interview experts from all corners of the marketing world like tech companies, non-profits, marketing and lifestyle agencies, and even a cupcake shop.
We hope you find these podcasts as helpful and informative as they are to us. As we continue to adjust in this new normal, podcasts are a safe and entertaining way to learn how other professionals and companies across our industry are finding new ways to get their message out there effectively.
For more information on our public relations services, https://www.velocitas.com/public-relations/.