5 Ways to Drive More Traffic to Your Website
As digital technology arms buyers with more influential information, marketing increasingly supports the buyer’s full online journey. One of the most important steps in the marketing funnel goes beyond just building brand awareness. It’s driving actual website traffic. The following are effective ways to increase the number of visitors on your site.
- Advertising – Paid search, social media advertising and display advertising are all excellent ways to attract viewers. The ten most common types of advertising are: display ads, social media ads, newspapers and magazines, radio and podcasts, direct mail, video ads, product placement, event sponsorships and paid email marketing. You can reach your target audience through one or all of these methods. We recommend conducting thorough market research before planning your annual spend in order to maximize advertising ROI.
- SEO – Optimizing your content for search engines remains a worthwhile practice. Make sure you include popular keywords in your text and headlines, as well as within the overall content of your website, blogs and social media.
- Network – Networking in person is a great way to find potential clients, but you can also use this opportunity to increase your digital following. For example, ask a contact with great references and experience to do a guest blog for your site. Have that person promote the blog to their customers and followers, directing traffic to your site.
- LinkedIn – The world’s largest professional social network is not just for finding a job anymore. LinkedIn is now valuable a publishing platform, which means you can (and should!) post original content regularly and link back to your website. Doing so can boost traffic while elevating your professional profile.
- Email – Email marketing is proven to be a powerful tool. Even a moderately successful email blast can result in a significant spike in traffic. The best campaigns have a clear call to action and multiple points of engagement that encourage readers to click through to your website.
Getting more website visitors does not happen overnight. It takes effort, research, and perseverance until you see what works best for you and your customers!